Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Auschwitz Escape



 Cover: The Auschwitz Escape




The Auschwitz Escape by Joel C. Rosenberg is about a young Jewish boy named Jacob Weisz. He suffers greatly against the Nazis and even gets sent to the Auschwitz concentration camp. We get a glimpse of the atrocities in the camp and the reactions of those outside it.

Having read Mr. Rosenberg's previous series, I was eager to read another of his books. It was a very difficult book to read because of the heinous and horrible crimes committed against the Jewish people at the hands of Adolf Hitler and his Nazis disgust my very soul. I began this book in tears and ended it in tears. At first I wasn't sure I would be able to finish it. I did and I'm glad I did. It was another incredibly well written story with lots of real history interwoven. The characters are rich and complex. If you enjoy suspense at all you will enjoy this book. It wasn't as difficult as I expected but the subject matter is generally well known and sometimes hard to read knowing that these things really happened to the Jewish people at Auschwitz. Nonetheless it was a very well written book and I'm glad I read it.


You can purchase The Auschwitz Escape at Amazon and ChristianBook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment