ESV ILLUMINATED BIBLE REVIEW
I was very excited to get the opportunity to review the Illuminated Bible. I have many friends that have used similar bibles in the past and I was very curious about them.
• 9-point, Lexicon
• Black letter text
• 2-color printing
• 64 full-page, custom book opener illustrations
• 50 full-page verse illustrations
• 250+ hand-lettered margin verses
• 100+ other illustrations throughout
• Illustrated by Dana Tanamachi, whose work has been featured by Google, The Wall Street Journal, Random House, USPS, and Target
• Thick, cream-colored paper
• Wide margins
• Single-column, paragraph format
• Smyth-sewn binding
• Packaging: Permanent Slipcase
• Dana Tanamachi is an American lettering artist, graphic designer, and illustrator whose exquisite typographic murals ignited the worldwide chalk-lettering trend. She has been commissioned by clients such as Instagram, Target, Google, Time Magazine, Nike, and West Elm. Learn more at tanamachistudio.com.
This bible is absolutely beautiful. It comes in a beautiful box-like case that is similar to the cover with gold flowers and navy background. I was a little disappointed that it was hardbound. I'm not entirely sure what I expect the cover to be, I just didn't expected it to be hard bound. I think a softer cover would be more easily transportable for daily use.
Each book has its own beautiful gold page announcing its title. That and the other gold touches with verses here through out the bible are a nice touch.
Overall, it is a gorgeous bible with lots of room to take notes, journal or draw and doodle as much as you'd like. I think it will be very good for sitting down and studying or meditating on God's Word. My only real criticism is it is fairly large and heavy and not a great size to transport and carry with you, even to church in my opinion.
Get yours below.
I was given a copy through flybypromotions.com in exchange for my honest review.