Sunday, January 31, 2010

My grandpa.

My Dad called me about an hour and a half ago with bad news. My grandpa passed away. He would have been 90 years old in June. I hadn't seen him since August of 2008. He hadn't even met Bethany yet. I really miss him.

He and I were really close, especially when I was a kid. I went everywhere with grandpa. He called me his Papoose when I was a baby, and then Chief Wahoo when I was a little girl. After I grew up he said he had to call me Pocahontas. I really miss him. I love him so much. I have been dreading this day for a really really really really long time. I was hoping to get to see him again. I don't even know if he was saved or not. I really hope that when I get to heaven he will be there greeting me. It hurts me so much to think of him not in heaven.

He always would say that he was going to live to be 105 years old just to aggravate people and I really believed him. I have so many wonderful memories of my grandfather. He lived a long life. He served in World War 2 with the Coast Guard in Iceland. He worked at Laclede Steel for longer than I even know. He was such a great guy. He was my refuge when I was little from my stepdad. I always felt safe with my grandpa. I miss him and I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment