Friday, July 13, 2012

The Scarlet Thread Book Review

The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers is the story of Sierra Madrid in present day California and her ancestor Mary Kathryn McMurray during their journey across the Oregon Trail.

When I first began reading this book, I really didn't like the character Sierra. I felt that she was a whiny, ungrateful, mean-spirited, selfish person. It was actually very difficult for me to get into the book because of those feelings. I am happy to say that she goes through life-changing circumstances and by the end of the book I liked the character.

This book is a very good read. I especially enjoyed the excerpts from Mary Kathryn's journal on their Oregon Trail journey. I recommend reading this book. I can't say that I would read it again, but I did enjoy it and am happy to have read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment