Monday, July 9, 2012

CSA Box #4


Friday, we received our fourth box from our CSA share. It contained Kale, Collard Greens, Fennel, Bok Choy, Lettuce, Green Onions and Turnips.

I plan on making the Kale Chips again. They were so delicious. For that recipe, check out my blog post here.

The Collard Greens will be going to our Benny Rabbit of course. He just loves them! He will also get the tops and stems of any of the veggies that we don't use.

My husband, who is an AWESOME cook, used some of the green onions and fennel in a corn salsa that he made on Saturday. Sunday evening he used some of the swiss chard and bok choy in pasta. Both were very good!

I'm not sure how will use the turnips just yet. I have heard that they are good mashed, so we might do them that way. Please share any comments or recipes that you have tried in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I've made this with turnips, minus the ginger (I don't like ginger.) It was very good! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cheesy-turnips-and-carrots/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had turnips often, but ate rutabegas several times a winter when I was growing up. I like them with butter and a dash of nutmeg. You can also add a little sugar to sweeten them if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those CSA boxes are great. I love fresh salsa, so it's great you got the ingredients for that. Hope you find some great turnip recipes. Sorry I don't have any to share. I am not a big fan of turnips. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete