Friday, August 29, 2014

When I Fall in Love Book Review

Cover: When I Fall in Love

When I Fall in Love by Susan May Warren is another book in the Christiansen Family Series. This book deals with Grace and Casper Christiansen and their perspective love interests. Grace is unwillingly sent on a culinary school vacation in Hawaii for three weeks and meets Maxwell Sharpe. Casper meets Raina, a new girl in town during a rainstorm in which her car is stuck in the mud.

This is the second Christiansen Family novel I've read and so far this one is my favorite. At first, I was thinking it was just your typical romance novel, with mushy one-liners and lots of love at first sight. But this novel goes deeper and shares some insight and inspiration in the character's (and as it turns out mine as well) relationship with God. One of my favorite lines in the book talk about how you can't fix someone, only Jesus can. It is so true. That is just a taste of how Susan May Warren uses the characters' stories to encourage and turn the reader to seek God. I really enjoyed the story and want to read more about this complex and complicated family.

No comments:

Post a Comment