Friday, September 13, 2013

Mom

Sometimes all you need is your Mom. I'm so thankful that I've been blessed with a mother who is able to help me whenever she can and usually whenever I need it. This past April I gave birth to my fifth child. He is my second child born in the last two years and third child born in the last four years. Needless to say, I've been very busy. I've basically been pregnant these last two years. I don't regret it for a second. I am so blessed to have these children. I did however, have difficult pregnancies for the last two.

They are both boys and I'm beginning to really believe that it is harder for me to carry boys than girls. I had a very large boy for my fourth child, including a difficult delivery, so when I found out I was pregnant again when he was 6 months old, I was terrified. Terrified of giving birth again, terrified that I'd have another difficult pregnancy and terrified that I hadn't even lost all the baby weight and was going to gain more because let's face it, when it comes to gaining weight during pregnancy, I'm an overachiever.

My pregnancy was in fact difficult. Lots of hip issues, culminating in four months of sitting in my chair because I couldn't move without lots of pain. After my precious baby was born, I still was working to recover. Enter my mother. I was feeling down and depressed. I felt kind of hopeless. My husband and I talked about what we could do to turn the situation around. I suggested flying my mother out to visit me for a week. We got a wonderful deal and a little under a month later my mother arrived.

She immediately began cleaning and caring for my children and me. She boosted me up and gave me encouragement. She told me that I'm a great mother and gave me a few examples as to why she thought so. She was an answer to prayer. The week went by too fast as it always does. The day she left I was very sad and felt lonely. But, I didn't forget my mother's words of encouragement. Inside the depression had lifted and I once again felt capable to take care of my family and home. My mother was what I needed. She was the answer to my prayer.

So I'd just like to thank my mother was helping me, in many different ways. Thank you for loving me especially when I was unlovable. Thank you for helping me every single time I needed help. And most of all, thank you for being my mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment