Tuesday, June 17, 2014

In the Secret Service Book Review


 Cover: In the Secret Service


In the Secret Service by Jerry Parr with Carolyn Parr is about the secret service agent who saved President Reagan's life. Jerry Parr was the man who covered and pushed Reagan into the car and made the life saving decision to take the president to the hospital instead of the White House. It begins with a partial telling of the assassination attempt on Reagan and then moves to Parr's early life and eventual career in the secret service and beyond.

I really enjoyed this book. I was immediately engaged and enthralled from the first page. Mr. Parr had an excellent gift for setting the scene and describing details that make the reader feel they are right in the midst of the action. His gift for storytelling made this book incredibly enjoying to read. I finished in two days! I couldn't put the book down. I wanted to know what happened. He takes you on a unique insider's view of several of our presidents and Vice Presidents during historical events in our nations history. I highly recommend this book. I really enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment